Many people would think that there are no differences between assisted living and personal care community in Doylestown, PA. Normally, they use these two terms interchangeably when it concerns daily living activities, such as dressing, cleaning, and medication. However, these two types of communities have been defined by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Office of Long-Term Living in different ways. Let’s take a closer look at them.
Assisted Living in Doylestown, PA
There are different definitions and services for the two terms in different states. Three areas are emphasized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Office of Long-Term Living to distinguish assisted living from personal care communities:
- Concept: Residents can age in place in assisted living communities, which means that they do not have to move to another community when their needs change over time.
- Construction: Residents in assisted living communities are provided with private rooms.
- Level of Care: When residents in assisted living communities require the services of health care that are beyond standard nursing, they can have the access to these services within the communities.
Generally speaking, assisted living is designed for residents who need various levels of medical and personal care. It is an important alternative for those who want to live independently yet still need daily assistance from the community. Residents who find it hard to live on their own because of prohibitions from health conditions will find assisted living desirable.
Personal Care in Doylestown, PA
Personal care is a lifestyle in a safe, pleasant, and reliable community for residents. There will be 24-hour nursing care to ensure safety within the community, laundry service, housekeeping service, well-prepared cuisines, and other daily living activities available for residents to have fun and enjoy the convenience of having all under one roof.
In addition to the services and care, there are beautiful amenities personalized according to residents’ needs. The beautiful design and structure provide them with cozy housing options and an elegant lifestyle. Everyone can have the opportunity to enjoy a carefree life with family members and new friends. Various programs and activities will definitely enrich the memorable days.
How to Choose a Senior Living Community
When choosing a suitable senior living community, there are several things for you to consider. First of all, what are the amenities and services that you want? If you want to reside in a personal care community, the convenience you will enjoy is as follow:
- Laundry service
- Grooming and bathing
- Well-prepared cuisines
- 24-hour nursing service
- Medication management
However, if you are still not sure whether a personal care community suits you, consider the following questions as well:
- Have you been diagnosed with ongoing health conditions that require special nursing service?
- Are you able to function independently during your daily living?
- Are your family members concerned about you living alone?
Check on these questions and talk to your family and doctor for their suggestions. To know more about Personal Care, you can also contact our retirement community, we are always happy to be of help!