A natural part of growing older is, unfortunately, declining health. But the later days of life for an individual can be even harder if they are struggling with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory loss issues. You might feel confused or startled the first time you discover your aging loved one is having trouble remembering things.
Before you panic, realize this: Their quality of life does not have to be sacrificed just because they experience memory loss. In fact, because the benefits of memory care are many, your loved ones can still enjoy their golden years. A memory care community may be just what you and your loved one need.
Memory Care Communities
Some retirement communities offer memory care programs. For retirement age adults with memory issues, specialized care is provided through this type of program. In a secure, supportive, safe community, round-the-clock care is given to community members by nurses and other specially educated medical professionals. Specific training has been given to this experienced team so they can better care for individuals with conditions related to memory loss. For all community members requiring it, this dedicated group of individuals provides a full spectrum of care.
Memory Care – The Benefits
Your loved one suffering from memory loss can experience numerous lifelong benefits from a memory care program. Some of these include the following:
- Individualized care
- A helping hand
- Assistance with mobility and medications
- Physical safety
- Engaging opportunities
- Specialized services
Introducing SHINE® Memory Care Program Courtesy of Hidden Meadows On The Ridge
In addition to offering senior respite care and senior personal care, Hidden Meadows On The Ridge provides SHINE® Memory Care.
In this program, your loved one can gain self-esteem, confidence, and independence through the following:
- Celebrating their successes and milestones along the way.
- Mentally stimulating activities, socialization opportunities, and physical exercises.
- Rather than allowing them to focus on their limitations, emphasizing the strengths of each community member.
Community members in the SHINE® Memory Care program can expect the following:
- Regular communication with their families.
- All team members will receive ongoing education and training.
- A nutritious and delicious dining experience focused on engagement and awareness improvement.
- Designed with your loved one’s needs in mind, a supportive and safe environment.
- By combining relaxing moments with sensory experiences, a wide variety of activities will be offered.
- Each resident receives a personalized “My Story” book.
Individuals with memory-related conditions face unique challenges with which our caring team is completely familiar. For your loved one, the best possible quality of life will be provided through our memory care program at Hidden Meadows On The Ridge. Over time, your loved one’s loss of memory has robbed them of certain factors. They can better retain what’s left and possibly even regain certain facets of their lives through our amazing memory care program.
In addition to our memory care program, we offer numerous resort-like amenities including transportation, concierge service, housekeeping and maintenance, health and fitness programs, events and activities, and so much more.